Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Little Miss Laurel Grace

I cant believe tomorrow will already been 3 weeks! Laurel has been such a joy already. She has a very pleasent personality which is a blessing because I do have 2 other toddlers to take care of! We have finally adjusted to similar sleeping patterns. Co-sleeping and nursing is great without it I would surely be a zombie.

The first week was rough Laurel was sleeping great but I was not able to fall asleep or stay asleep, after three days I thought I was loosing it. That sunday morning Steven Samantha and the kids went to church and Laurel and I slept all morning. One of my midwives came over for a visit that day, there postpartum care is amazing by the way! They came over several times the first week they would run an herbal bath for mommy and baby each time there visits where never less than an hour, and one visit they brought us dinner and my midwife cleaned my whole kitchen and rotated my laundry changed the sheets and everything! These things made a huge difference in the first week, it took several days after getting sleep on sunday for me to feel somewhat normal. I am so thankful that Laurel is "easy". Steven was back to work within just a couple days. This time around has been more difficult to adjust too in some ways and easier in other ways.

Its nice being up and about again it is quite an adventure trying to take three kids to the store for the first time! Our first big outting as a whole family was a trip to Walmart to pick up a TV my parents bought for us as early birthday gifts, boy that was an adventure!

Things are going good in the Burt household. I will be posting my birth story and more pictures of the family soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment